February 18, 2011

outside



{my snow angel}
{our tiny snowman}

{a pretty great daddy-built snow castle}

Winter, I am getting tired of you.  You are long and cold, keep us inside our walls much too often, and look very much the same day to day.  White on white on grey.  You were very kind to let up a bit for a few days last week, to give us a taste of Spring with warm sun and lighter breezes.  The icicles thawed and dripped and fell.  The snow relaxed.  It was good to be outside.

It's too cold again to brave bare toddler fingers in snow (which is inevitable), frozen legs in wet pants, wind bitten cheeks ... and I'm breathing deep and hoping for Spring to come and stay soon.

2 comments:

  1. Shelley, brighten at the thought that spring for you is ten times more joyful than it is in SW Florida or central TX! Thanks for sharing that joy on these pages. It's catching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO with you! Cabin fever has hit dangerous levels around these parts!

    ReplyDelete