Avery and I have been watching snippets of the Nutcracker ballet together over our quiet afternoons. She loves watching the ballerinas and it usually inspires her to find her pink fluffy skirt and slippers to twirl around in. It's been years since I've seen the ballet in person, but I have such sweet memories of going with my Mom to the local theater's production of the Nutcracker and feeling so special. I ordered a Nutcracker storybook this past month to add to our Christmas book collection and give Avery a little taste of something I love. She's been pouring over the pictures and all the sweet details, spending long times sitting quietly with her book, and that equals successful book purchase if you ask me.
This is the spread that won me over. I don't think this book is the best as far as illustration or writing, but I do appreciate that the author chose to include ballet in her re-creation since it's the ballet and the music that make the Nutcracker memorable for me, more than the story itself.
Happy first of December! Sweet sugar plum dreams the whole month long.


Too bad the Nutcracker ballet is finished before you come. Maybe some year I will take the girlies.
ReplyDeleteSo precious.
ReplyDelete