I've sat down to blog several times this week - an actual catch up of what's been happening and how the girls are and what I've been thinking about - but I kept getting totally overwhelmed and ditching it all. I was complaining way more than I'm okay with. For some reason, I haven't wanted this blog to be a place where I share what's difficult or stressin' me out. Yes budgeting is frustrating, the house hasn't sold, we live in a basement, my children are shy and I don't know how to help, blah blah blahhhhhh. But there are so many wonderful things in this life of mine and we're doing great. I've loved having this space as a way to record those gifts that make the burdens of life seem lighter. It's for capturing the girls in the stages they're in and using it as a way to see past the frustrations of parenting. Because of that, it might look like we're perfect around here. Well ... we're not.
I like the way my friend, Melissa, journaled today and I'm going to follow suit.
Right Now :: I'm enjoying the most peaceful, uninterrupted afternoon working away in my sewing corner, listening to Christmas music, cutting out fabric and matching up colors to make a string of new dollies for the shop. Levi took both girls to the swimming pool today (brave man) and it must be going well because they're still gone!
Loving :: The weather here. It's more like the coast with low, grey clouds and rainy days than it usually is, but I am loving that we can still go for walks and play on the swings and quickly drive off in the van without spending twenty minutes hacking away at ice. Thank you, BC.
Last Item Off the Sewing Machine :: I just finished up these two little lovelies. They're a custom order for a couple of Filipino sisters and I think they turned out so cute. I'm really enjoying the pace that my little shop is keeping me going at. Thanks for all your support, friends, and for pointing out my shop to your circles!
Hanging on Our Walls :: I am loving the latest outpouring of Avery's creativity. It's amazing to watch how her drawing is changing and how her creativity is becoming more detailed and project focussed. And oh those fingers ... those many many fingers. We've gotten back into drawing and painting mini murals. Hospitals and schools, playgrounds and picnics. She asked if we could draw things that she could be when she grows up: a musician, a firefighter, a swim teacher, and an art teacher were the ideas that day. I still think she has a bent towards the surgeon route. She's always adding blood and scalpels to the ever popular 'mommy in delivery' scenes (her idea, not mine).
Keeping us Busy :: The baby is making all the difference in gradually making every day feel much more busy than usual without me actually knowing why. She's constantly moving, yelling, drooling, laughing, squirming, climbing, exploring. We feel like we have a pet billy goat around since she'll climb onto anything low enough that stands still long enough. Crouch down to open a drawer and Ella will beetle over and be perched on your knee in a flash. Stand too close and she'll grab onto the back of your knees and push you around like a walker. She is days away from walking on her own. She can do a few steps at a strong forward tilt, but she's just as stubborn as her sister was and will surely wait until she's good and confident before showing off her skills.
Making me Merry :: I'm full into listening to Christmas music and doing whatever I can to begin drawing myself into the most wonderful time of the year. The start of advent is one week away and I haven't prepared, like most years, in the way that I'd hoped. I'm thinking of my favorite festive things I have packed tight in boxes in our storage locker. I took a trip out there today, along with my Dad and Nephew, to pick up our winter tires and look for a few needed items. But alas, those holly-jolly-making boxes were deeply buried.
Appreciating :: Levi. His job is going good and he's been working hard to finish ploughing through the ginormous mortgage broker course material. This week he finished with the math-heavy assignments and he's now hoping to head down to Vancouver to take the final test at the end of this month. This will make him certified and allow him to do more in the office than he can do at this point. I'm so grateful for what he's doing. We know it's not teaching, but it means we can be here for a season, catch up a little bit, take a deep breath and maybe even buy a coffee. And yes, Levi was reverse-molting for movember (for the sake of solidarity). The girls liked to wiggle their fingers over it. He shaved it off this morning - finally impatient with it. It doesn't photograph so well ...
Happy weekending to you!








Lovely post, my friend. Honest and true and cheerful and bright. You have a lovely family and such fun, creative, simple and enjoyable things that fill your days. I want to hang out!!!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
k
Amazing. You are the best mamma AND artist. Tonight the kids found the cards you made again tonight and near drooled over them noticing new details. Owen even said "he even looks like me!". So cute...thanks again for that!!!
ReplyDeleteCome to the 'friend who lives in the woods' again soon?
(PS...Owen was so shy at Averys age that he wouldn't go to Sunday school or ANYWHERE. Don't panic, don't read too much into it...it will change!).