June 23, 2013

sunday

Though the day was nearly done, off we went, just before supper, to another park to explore.   It's Sunday after all, and a hot n' sunny one at that.  I picked the park this time and drove us out to the north edge of town and into the woods I grew up exploring in as a child.  Past the farm fields, the rolling vineyards, the airport, the orchards, and into the familiar, dark and cool woods where the creek was rushing and as brown as beer.  
Avery got a thrill out of chucking rocks toward the pounding waterfall.  Ella, not so much.
We didn't spend too much time, but it was so nice to go back and bring the girls to a place that's so familiar to me.  


1 comment:

  1. Yes, the familiar places which we haven't revisited.
    I like your idea of exploring new parks.

    ReplyDelete