Our weather warmed up enough to entice us outdoors over the weekend. Only zero on the thermometer and the sun was shining! It felt like a rare opportunity that might be regretted if missed, so I bundled up Avery and myself and we set out for an adventure in our yard.
As soon as the door closed behind us, a blast of icy cold wind blasted our faces and made a big joke out of the warm temperature and sunshine. Avery was not impressed in the slightest. She kicked and cried and refused to be put down in the snow, which did look pretty daunting since it's been untouched through a good number of snowy days and had piled up pretty deep. I stomped my way through part of the yard and created a trough for her to play in, and that seemed to ease some of her concern enough to be put down.
We were arctic explorers for a little while. I have to admit that I was ready to pack it in a lot quicker than Avery, at least once she got her feet in the snow and realized it's pretty fun. Her initial tears about being outside became tears at the prospect of being taken inside again, so I waited it out, but wow it was so cold! I always pegged snow play as the Dad's duty, along with wrestling and taking the kids to the public pool, but sometimes the sunshine is going to call us outside and we won't be able to wait around for Daddy. I think I'm going to need some snow-pants.
Ha! I totally agree - snow play is Daddy's domain! Did you knit Avery's hat yourself? It's lovely... if so, where did you get the pattern? xx
ReplyDeleteOh, how I would love to be exploring the vast pristine tableland of snow with Avery - it might put a little youthfulness into my aging soul.
ReplyDeleteHi Joy - nope, I didn't knit Avery's hat. It's a Superstore special! :)
ReplyDeleteCute! That hat really is adorable. Superstore comes through yet again!
ReplyDeletePerfect splash of pink.
ReplyDelete