January 12, 2011

lemon meringue

Big and little blessings have come to us in many ways in the past year.  Sometimes directly, and sometimes anonymously, but each time doesn’t fail to surprise us and make us feel so good.  The last gift was left anonymously ... a bag of little lemons left on Levi’s desk!  I told him it was likely that someone was sending a message that he’s being too sour, but he was quick to point out that the bag says “sweet” Meyer lemons.  Whatever the reason for the surprise gift of lemons, we were pleased and tickled by such a fun donation!  What to do with a bag of lemons?  I immediately thought of the new polka-dotted pie plate that I received in the Peters family gift exchange game and set my mind to making a lemon meringue pie!  Today was a good day to take on my little challenge (I’ve never made a lemon meringue before!) and found a yummy looking recipe (link here) on my favorite foody blog.  Not sure if I baked the meringue long enough, judging by how goldeny brown hers was, but we won’t know until tonight when we finally dig in and have a slice!  
Thanks to whoever thought a bag of lemons would be a nice surprise for us!  Very sweet indeed!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great friend! Way to go. I'm proud of you, even though you had to "bury" your previous blog :(
    I'll email you back in a day or two, we have Derek's sis and fam here so it's been pretty full on. Miss you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. thank you for not making me enter a silly verification code each time I post a comment, that is how ALL of my other friends with blogger have it and it makes me want to a die a little bit.

    ReplyDelete