June 4, 2011

bumpdate :: half way

Today I am 20 weeks into growing this little baby.  Half way, if all goes according to textbook.

It hasn't been as easy this time around and lately my belly has been giving me those tightening, constricting feelings that usually don't show up for months.  Doctor's orders are to slow down, rest often, put my feet up regularly, and cut out any carrying, lifting, overworking.  It has me worried enough to want to be darn uncomfortable for another twenty weeks.  Just stay in there, baby.  Our main ultrasound isn't for another week and a half.  I'm hoping it will be reassuring and rest my worries, and no, we aren't going to find out whether baby is going to be a brother or sister.  I'm actually worried that we accidentally will.  That thrill of announcement after the final push was just way too amazing not to do it again.

As we wait (and hope and pray), I'm keeping a slowly growing list of potential names and a slowly growing creative page for possible nursery decor.  In choosing to wait for the surprise of girl vs. boy, I'm happy to start early in drumming up color schemes for "either", stealing pictures from etsy or ohdeeoh or wherever and making my little mock-ups.
What do you think?  Too girly?  Too boyish?  Just right for the baby brother who Avery wants to name Sister?  Although ... to be fair to record, she's changed her tune and as of today baby is going to be a girl.  She avoided the question of what we ought to call her, so that's still up in the air.

Only time will tell.

Although I think my belly is just as pointy as it was last time ...

5 comments:

  1. What a fun bumpdate! I'm loving the color scheme for either boy or girl. After you find out what you're having you could easily make a few additions to make things even more girly or boyish like with the addition of a gender specific pattern. Maybe a charming/whimsical floral for a girl or some vintage trucks for a boy?
    PS - I'm always so impressed with people like you who have the will power to wait to find out what they're having. It would drive me absolutely nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How in the world can you already be 20 weeks along?!?! I'm hoping the pregnancy stays right on track and no scares or anything. I'm loving the creative ideas and I'm sure once the little one makes his/her arrival you can always add a few more gender specific touches to the room. And I'm pretty sure you carry babies with their heads pointed out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the boats with the pretty sails - totally non-boy/girl - genius! Gorgeous colour scheme all 'round.
    We're praying for you both - make the most of your orders to relax! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take it easy momma!!! Put your feet up and enjoy the summer sipping iced tea. I love seeing your baby bump!!! Wow so fun! Looking forward to meeting the little one.
    The room ideas are GREAT for either gender. I love the book shelves!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so behind! You look amazing. I LOVE the colour scheme. Whatever you do, it will look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete