July 3, 2011

weekending

It was Canada Day on Friday.  We started off the day at the town's little parade and then at a yummy brunch at our friends' house. Pancakes and sausage patties, scrambled eggs and fresh fruit - so good!  

I baked up a super yummy strawberry summer cake (found here) that we grazed on around the clock and finished up today.  It's seriously really good, despite being super easy to whip up. 

Late in the evening, Levi had the privilege of being invited to help set-up and set-off the firework display.  For a little town, they do an impressive show!  Levi was decked out in full fireman gear and did his part, along with the other guys, lighting fuses and keeping a steady stream of fireworks going.  He came home smelling like a box of burnt matches and pretty stoked by the whole experience.  
The rest of our weekend has been a mixture of low-key and semi-productive.  Time seems to be moving extra slow, which is great on productive and sunshiny days, but super frustrating on dull days where I can't seem to start or complete a single task (which seems to be a recurring pregnancy induced mood for me).  Today has been a good day - hot and lazy!  We set up our camping gazebo in the yard (classy) and sat outside for a good long while watching Avery play and reading our books.
I'm 24 weeks preggers now!  Figured I should post a new bumpdate that doesn't seem so gloomy ... sorry to my friends that I left feeling a little worried!  Baby is doing great with it's strong little heartbeat and regular kick-punching.  Kicks are almost always straight down to the nether regions and aren't the most comfortable, but the ones that surface around the front are fierce and fast little bomp-bomps.  I'm still moving about pretty slowly and remembering not to lift anything heavy or over-do it weeding the garden and the uncomfortable tightening feelings have pretty well gone away.

I recently got my hair chopped off to keep me from going crazy every time I had to use the blow dryer for 20 minutes or wad it all into a thick pony-tail.  I'm free!  I'm also brave because I'm posting pics on the one day I decided to go au natural and let my hair air-dry and ditched the makeup routine.  It's all part of a new decision to just embrace the hippy in me.  That, or I just don't care.
Time to go get some burgers on the bbq (or get Levi to anyway) and enjoy the rest of our hot day! 


5 comments:

  1. Oh my too many wonderful things in this post! First of all the cake looks delicious! I've already copied down the recipe! Secondly...oh my that baby bump is too much! How are you already 24 weeks preggo?!?! And thirdly, your hair looks wonderful! And you look just beautiful even au natural. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed! I love your short summer hair...and Avery's is so sweet too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic Shelley ... I love the hair cut and baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cutie cuteness! Thanks for the bumpdate beautiful friend. Oh, I miss you so much. Hit me today how soon our visit is! Less than 2 months, can you even believe it?! I love the short hair, makes me so tempted to chop mine off as these hot days make it ridiculous to have long hair. But I would look quite lame. Love you to the moon, love the au natural look, embrace it friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree pretty lady! You make a beautiful hippy!

    ReplyDelete