We had lovely weather at the start of last week. Shorts and tees and coming inside a little bit pink and rosy kind of lovely weather! We dug out the sidewalk chalk and brought out a picnic. Levi took the afternoon off to get some work done uninterrupted and ended up making phone calls and jotting notes al fresco. It felt like the first taste of summer to come!
Even baby got a chance to feel the warm breeze between her pudgy little toes. Poor girl hasn't known much but wind and snow and cold since she came home with us in October. I've been needing the sun. I just needed to feel the warmth and know that everything is going to get better.
A few days after that ... rain and big sploshy puddles. Avery's been singing a newly minted version of "Rain Rain, Go Away" all week.
And then another day after that ... snow. Hello snowman. Levi and Avery made the best of our end of April dump of wet snow. I pretended it didn't exist as best as I could.
Today we had sun. Snowman is not much more than a lump and a carrot and that makes me happy.





Looks like you are getting a memory of all seasons before you move.
ReplyDeleteYay for glimpses of hope and summer!
ReplyDelete