:: packing packing packing. We're surrounded by boxes and every day now I'm tackling one more of those 'last minute' areas. The girls are handling it all really well, so far, even as Avery's toys get sealed into boxes little by little. I'm both excited and filled with tummy-knots for the insane weekend to come.
:: another two or three mini murals to keep Avery occupied while I bumble around pretending to be organized and efficient. :: bedtime stories. Levi's been reading the original Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi to Avery each night. It's divided into really short chapters, each one celebrating the scamp in every child as well as providing a pretty clear lesson that not listening to your parents leaves you in a pretty big mess. She loves it.
:: the last sewing projects have been shipped off or packed up in boxes. One room done. I'm already itching to get it all unpacked and start making again.
:: one little girl is gaining her balance this week. This one is so content. She lies on her back without much fuss, happy to lie there and tug on her toes, coo and gurgle, and watch what's going on around her.
:: and I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. It's going to be okay. It's all going to get packed. It's all going to get un-packed. It's going to be lovely and warm. It's going to smell like ponderosa pines.






And we will be here to welcome you and hold your babies.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you! Will be eager to hear how the move goes and read all about your getting settled! Oh, and I just love the picture of Levi reading to Avery. I'll bet he's been ready to dive into chapter books with her forever!
ReplyDeleteOh, that book sounds great! Praying the weekend goes smoothly!
ReplyDeleteI'm going through your blog and loving all the pics of the girls. Can you email me the name of your Etsy shop? That would be awesome, I can't wait to check it out. And I remember that you like vintage children's books like me - so check out my new blog- www.vintagebooksfortheveryyoung.blogspot.com ! Hope you're having a good summer, talk to you later!
ReplyDelete