May 13, 2012

mama day

I had a lovely mama's day today.  Simple and sweet and perfect.  I had my say all day and enjoyed every extra hug and kiss, every pinch of baby fingers, an afternoon of lazing out in the hot sun, a chat with my Mom, a nap on the couch, a skype with my Mom-in-law, a single carnation (how classic!), and banishment from the kitchen.  Best gift ever.
Levi treated me to a day full of rest and no cooking or cleaning.  Eggs and toast for breakfast, pancakes with whipped cream and fresh berries for lunch, and a summery meal of lemony broiled pork chops, corn on the cob and baby red potatoes for supper.  Such a treat!  
Avery's plate was so epic she wasn't sure just how to tackle it.  Seriously yummy.  I told Avery and Ella that this is one of the reasons we're lucky to be Simpsons.  The men in Levi's family do brunch and they do it very well.

Thank you, Love, for the whole day.  Thank you, Avery, for the tiny dandelion and the fort you made just for me out of all your books and dolls and blankets.  Thank you for cleaning it up on your own.  Thank you, Ella, for your three-hour nap.  Thank you to my Mom and to Levi's Mom for raising us how you did and loving and supporting us all along the way.


3 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous mother's day photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Mother's Day! Way to go Levi!

    P.S. It still boggles my mind that I get to see you in less than 3 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful little post! Those pancakes look incredible, you look amazing and beautiful with your sweet girlies, and I'm so impressed with Levi's cooking skills! Glad you had such a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete