July 5, 2012

swing

There's a lovely park across the way from where we're living with a great playground and a creek and woods and trails to explore.  Once Levi got home from work tonight we took a picnic over to the park for supper and kept the girls up late so we could have a little together time while the sun still shone.
Avery climbed to the highest rung yet on the monkey bars, and let Daddy push her the fastest yet on the swing, and she earned two scrapes on her knees as marks of a true explorer.  Not to mention she jumped on the trampoline with her feet earlier in the day for the first time yet.  It was a day for beating personal records.
This baby peach had her very first swing today and surprised me by thinking it was the funnest time she'd ever had.  I may or may not have assumed she'd wail from the separation and abandonment to the bucket and two chains, but now I'm beginning to wonder if she might be just a tiny bit more adventurous than I'm expecting.  Little baby thrill seeker giggled and smiled and even let go for part of the ride.  I did my best to snap pics of her in action with my phone and even got a little video of her sweet giggles.


As we walked home I laughed at how much I enjoyed such a simple outing, but it really did feel remarkable.  I am just so happy to be here.  


2 comments:

  1. Love this! So grateful for yous' all and so glad your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are having lots of fun back home!! So glad things are going so well!

    ReplyDelete