March 8, 2013

these girls

I'm not blogging nearly as much as I used to.  So sorry grandparents ... and anyone else that's still hanging in with me!  The demise of the blog is all thanks to the cell phone.  It's just too easy to capture the little moments via instagram and my good camera is sorely neglected.  Today I bring you a phone dump of all the funny ways these girls have brightened up the past few weeks.

:: Ella is all about accessorizing these days, specifically with little fairy wings and tot-sized backpacks.
:: Avery finished her second round of swim lessons and is being recommended for Bobbers yet again.  It's a tough world with all those splashy kids and the immense pressure to put your face in the water.  I get it.  But she has fun and we'll keep plugging on.
:: A fun game we discovered in the bath tub is to get bubbles all over plastic baby's eyes because it makes Ella cry.  I think bubbles in general might be a problem since she also seems distressed over the disappearance of her feet.
:: E can say things like "Ja!" and "Uhh!" and "Mo", which is really opening up our lines of communication.
:: We've been going a little nutty with cabin fever lately.  E has been sick with a solid cough/fever/crying and whining and fighting her naps, which kept us at home for a good five days.  It's been a regular disaster around our place - toys and cushions, dress up clothes and art supplies everywhere as Avery was left to expand her imagination to her heart's content.

These girls ... I just love 'em.  Onward and upward!  It's March and the clock springs forward again this weekend and it's feeling brighter already.  We made it through February - hurrah!


1 comment: