Upon turning 33. What a cute little number that is.
A couple weeks ago we sat with Levi's Oma over lunch one Sunday afternoon. Now in her nineties, she's still sharp and wise and enjoys a good laugh, her memories are full and rich with the kind of stories I often find in a good wartime novel, and she thinks the younger generations don't celebrate birthdays enough. Not in the sense of elaborate parties or plans, but in being joyful and thankful for another year of life! I had to agree. How many birthdays go by without a little (or a lot) of complaint about aging, woe and sadness that we're creeping further away from our youth, frowns over new wrinkles or grey hairs, or what we've expected but haven't received. Forget that! First b'day in a long time where I was just happy to be me and have a great day, and it really was!
It's good to be here, where I am, with who I am, and with what I have. I'm thankful for my 33 years!

I love this! Happy birthday to a fun, witty, creative, beautiful friend. Miss you tons!
ReplyDeleteLevi's Oma is a wise woman and still is teaching all of us. Thanks for posting and most all awesome that you embraced your Birthday.
ReplyDelete