January 6, 2014

2013 book list

The page dedicated to 2013 in my 'Books Read' notebook was a little sparse this year, but I enjoyed a pretty fun bunch of reads and I can't complain of time wasted over dull words.  I have to confess that I technically finished Small Island once the year had finished, but I was so close and 12 books sounds much more impressive than 11, right?  My 2013 Book List:
Through Windows - Trudy Peters (poetry collection by my mom!)
Secret Daughter - Shilpi Somaya Gowda
Dinner: A Love Story - Jenny Rosenstrach (a cookbook, yes, but I read it)
A Student of Weather - Elizabeth Hay
Garlic and Sapphires - Ruth Reichl
The Sisters Brothers - Patrick DeWitt
Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day - Winifred Watson
Chocolat - Joanne Harris
Leaning, Leaning Over Water - Francis Itani
An Irish Country Doctor - Patrick Taylor
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger (2nd time)
Small Island - Andrea Levy
My time was spent with fabric, felt, needle and thread, much more than books this year.  
So, let's talk about what I accomplished there, yes?  In 2013 I managed to make and sell 89 handmade dolls, 49 of which were custom designed by customers, and 40 were my own creations posted as general shop stock.  I sold 7 sets of baby bibs and 1 felt pasta set.  There is now one lonely bear sitting in my shop cupboard reminding me to get back to work and start making again.  It was nice to take a break over Christmas, to give myself the space to work on handmade gifts for family, but the fabric piles are coming back out.

There's much to look forward to in this new year - and much to still be discovered!  Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment