May 24, 2011

potted

Avery's had a sweet little project on the go and is all ready to reveal what she's been working on.  Her very own painted pots for the yard!  (Yes her hair is always this messy.) 
We planted her work of art in the flower bed, now holding a big yellow marigold that she can water and watch and take care of all by herself.  (In theory.)  I love having a little piece of her creativity outside.
This one was a collaborative project between the two of us.  In the end, she wasn't very happy that I messed with her pot and has since declared this one to be "the baby's".  She's said several times that baby needs to keep growing and then come out and then come see his flower pot.
I planted our big pots with a bunch of annuals this weekend, too, and our flower beds got a little makeover with a few new perrenials.  I love going to the greenhouses in the spring and picking out new colors and blooms.  There's something about the smell of potting soil and flowers and all the moisture in the air ... love.  Reminds me of going with my Mom as a kid.  Reminds me of clocking in at one of my first jobs at a home & garden store, which was a good job, so the memory is welcome enough.  
I'm just so excited to have color in our yard again ... and a focus beyond cooking, cleaning, mothering.  Something to tend that's as quiet as I want to be sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment