April 29, 2012

drawing

It is so much fun to watch how Avery's drawing style and abilities keep changing.  She hasn't always been willing to enjoy drawing - seemed to be frustrated easily by what she couldn't do rather than just enjoying the fun of it - but lately we've been noticing her gaining confidence and patience with herself.  Her drawings are becoming more complex and each week she seems to add a new feature detail, like eyebrows or rosy cheeks or (as in this week) fingers.  Lots of fingers.
I was cutting Levi's hair in the kitchen the other afternoon and we asked Avery to sit and draw a picture of Daddy getting a haircut.  This is what she came up with.  I couldn't see Levi's face, but apparently he was afraid.
This is a monster named Gaga.  Those are flies in his mouth.  He has lots of fingers to wear lots of rings, and that is his bum at the bottom of his body.  One foot includes a heel and a big round toe, which she cleverly added after observing what my foot looked like.  Cannot say how much this creation thrilled Levi and I.

Whatever the outcome of the drawing is, I'm always so happy to see her try.  And nothing beats seeing her own satisfaction in what she created.


1 comment:

  1. Are we at all surprised at Avery's talent? She has the best teacher.

    ReplyDelete