May 17, 2011

the 31st

It was my 31st birthday yesterday.  Immensely easier than the big 30th as I hung up all expectations and was content to receive the day as it came.  It was definitely a normal day, with no big plans or places to go, but it was a good day because I felt loved and remembered and had lots of happy little things along the way.
Levi thought up a theme to his perfectly chosen gifts for me: something for house, heart and home and a way to make them my own.  He's had a book stamp for a number of years and now I have one too!  The pansies were a surprise gift from a friend.  I love new and pretty things!  AND we ordered a new camera and it happened to come on my birthday, so yay for that!
For my birthday dinner, I had my eye on making roasted shrimp and broccoli since seeing it on this site (although I used this recipe - and yes, Mom, I even used lemon zest).  They say "make it tonight" and I say the same thing.  It was just so GOOD.  I wish I'd made a double portion so I could be eating some leftovers right now.  

4 comments:

  1. That looks yummy. I'm afraid I'll have to make it for myself one night as Dad wasn't impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Shell-belle! I have "Little Things Top Sew" - it's gorgeous - you're gonna love the patterns :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a sweet birthday and felt loved and remembered...cause you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I'm sorry this is a late wish but I've been with very little internet the last 2 weeks! But it looks like you had a great day and I'm so happy for that.

    P.S. What kind of camera did you get? That is exciting stuff!

    ReplyDelete