... I had only one request, and it was carried out deliciously well. I didn't want to make a single meal that day and the mister was in charge. For teasing me earlier in the week, the challenge was upped that it couldn't be something as easy as frozen pizza, but I needn't have worried. He had a plan.
In the morning, I stayed cozied up in bed while Levi got Avery up and fed. Levi experienced a real mommy-day (i.e. no shower and not much time to himself) as I took the liberty to be "off duty". I was treated to a yummy brunch of french toast, whipped cream, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, bananas, orange juice and scrambled eggs.
In the afternoon, Avery napped and Levi sorted out his new office space while I spent some time with my sewing machine. So nice to take some time for a small accomplishment - even though my project was less than creative or exciting (hemming curtains).
Levi later got to work preparing our supper and he put out a fantastic meal. Spice rubbed pork chops, grilled to perfection on the bbq, grilled asparagus spears, cinnamony mashed yams, and lemonade. And to top it all off, apple pie with ice cream!
Thank you, my darling!


Seriously sounds like such the perfect Mother's Day! Isn't it ironic that as moms, sometimes the best gift is to not be a mom for just a little bit? Glad you could relax and have some yummy food! Levi can make those for us when we visit, that would be ok.
ReplyDelete