:: a perfect fit for a perfect head. I knit this diy snow hat for baby before her arrival, using an old dolly for a guess at sizing. Quick and easy and kind of addicting. There might be more pointy little hoods in our future.
:: a bare left leg. The cast is off! Levi took Avery in yesterday morning to get rid of her pink shell. She came home beaming with pride for having survived the trauma of the "buzzer tool" (and the jaws of life and a wound from the cast cutter). Red polish is for celebrating.
:: sisters ... matching, no less. Avery likes to rock Ella in the bouncy seat, rather sweetly at first but eventually faster and harder as she protests against our requests for her to rock gently - "I don't want to be gently!!".
:: remembering Gramma's visit with new games learned and pockets of frozen meals, muffins and cookies tucked away for us to enjoy over these days of adjusting to our new normal. We're so blessed!:: remembering Grampa's stay with us with a hilarious video of Avery and him playing truck driver on the couch. Lots of sharp corners (or "shark orners"), moose on the road, bumpy trails and speed bumps ensued. I'm doing surprisingly okay with Avery now that her source for 100% attention has gone home. A miracle, I'm sure.
:: listening to great new folk-style children's music over breakfast. Laura Veirs is new to me, but she's right up my alley and the happy new album Tumble Bee can be heard in full here.
:: bright eyed baby. This little girly has such strong and alert awake times. Speaking of which, she's starting to grunt-yell at me through the monitor, so it's time to go have breakfast together.







Ok, I'll try that again, as me this time!
ReplyDeleteLoving all your posts lately! Life looks lovely over your way!
Feeling really inspired by your too cute picture of Ella in her hat to finally stroke that project of my list of things to make... it's only been sitting on it for a year or so. She makes for a really sweet little nudge!
Each one of those photos and memories of being with you put a smile on my face.
ReplyDeleteToo many happy things! And in the photo of your mom with the girls I didn't even notice that Ella was there at first. :) She's all wrapped up, snug as a bug!
ReplyDeleteWish I could press "like" on each picture! Love all the pictures and comments on each blog!
ReplyDeleteLook at that bright eyed precious girl! I'm smitten!
ReplyDelete