One thing on my to-do list to complete before having the baby was to get started on printing my old blog into a book for our home. I don't scrapbook and rarely print photos anymore, so the time and cost it takes to create books seems well worth it to me.
I'm using Blurb, which is a bit clunky and tedious at times, but I like having the freedom to design each page to make each blog entry fit how I want it to fit. I decided to go with thicker quality paper and split my old blog into three books, so when I'd reached the max page numbers for this one I sent it off to be printed so I could see how it looks and decide whether I'd do the rest or not.
Part One arrived in the mail at the beginning of October and I'm really happy with it. There were quite a few times when I would have liked to edit what I originally said in my posts, or delete entries altogether, but I decided to keep it as is and let it be the journal of my days, pointless dribble or not.The rest of the books will be finished up slowly, I'm sure ... especially considering how just typing this post means a quick scramble of thoughts and photos slapped down before the littlest one wakes up completely and wants to hang out ... but I am pretty motivated to do it now that I see how nice it looks.



What a great idea...it's always nicer to have a hard copy to hold and look at...especially when it looks this nice.
ReplyDeleteI've started the same thing on blurb but I find my blog is too picture based and it doesn't seem to translate to the blurb book. Ugh!
ReplyDeleteBut I'm so glad you were able to capture your blog in book form. It's such a great idea that I've wanted to do for years!
What a clever idea.
ReplyDeleteOH WHAT A GREAT IDEA! LOVE THIS!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete