November 28, 2011

tannenbaum

We decorated our tree over three days this weekend.  It's funny how busy we feel even without leaving the house much.  I usually savour the process and cling to perfecting the spacing of ornaments, even to the point of kicking Levi to the curb.  But this year I brought up the boxes and told Avery to open them up and see what she would find.  It was so sweet to watch her face light up at each new ornament (or "ordament").  She merrily clogged the bottom right corner of the tree, which Levi and I discretely rearranged later - and it was much easier to release the control-freak in me than I thought it might be.  She's just so sweet!
She got her one Christmas wish to put the star on top.  She was determined that we shouldn't have to wait until the very end and kept asking us until we were both ready to snap ... and then in the end she was too frightened to be lifted up so high and chickened out.  
I love the cozy lighting of the Christmas tree in the evening.  Happy first week of advent as we remember the hope of the awaited Saviour, the hope for today, and the hope for his coming again.


1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about letting go of the Christmas tree decorating. :) I had Owen "help" me the other day on a smaller tree and it took all my willpower to do so. Also Avery looks like such a big girl in the picture with her ponytail down her back. She's getting to be SO big!

    ReplyDelete